Basic information: www.statistics.sk
First mentioned in documents dated 1270. The village is dominated by the roman catholic church consecrated to the Virgin Mary, which has stood here since the late 14th century. Originally built in Gothic style, the tower was added at the end of the 17th century, and in 1765 more alterations were carried out on the nave. There is a 200 metre ski slope and lift near the village.