Basic information: www.statistics.sk
This village in the close vicinity of Spišské Podhradie was founded by King Bela IV in 1258. The first written mention of the village is from 1264. From 1317 it belonged to the Society of Spiš Saxons, and in the 15th century it came under control of the lords of Spiš Casttle, who donated it in 1510 to the Chapel of Corpus Christi in the Spiš Chapter. From 1776 it belonged to the Spiš Seminary, and in 1779 Maria Theresa donated it to the Bishop of Spiš. Throughout the whole of its history the village has kept its agricultural character. In the centre there is the Roman Catholic church of St. Joseph dating from 1892.