Basic information: http://statistics.sk
The village of Baldovce lies to the north of the Hornád valley, in an area which is historically and naturally very intereresting. The first written mention of it dates from the year 1274. The name is taken from Count Balda, who held power here in the 13th century. The village currently has nearly 200 inhabitans. The dominant religious building, the Roman Catholic church of St. Anne, was built on the site of an older church dating from 1761. The environs of the churchs are graced by severalmajestic old linden trees. Baldovce has become known primarily for its gypso-ferrous mineral water springs. Baldovská mineral water is suitable for treating certain diseases of the digestivesystem, the kidneys and urinary tract and osteoporosis.